Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Super Water

As the title may suggest, infused water is the superhero of drinks. I was looking at recipes on Pinterest and came upon an awesome-looking recipe. Basically super water is just water infused with various fruits and veggies. What I love is that super water is personalized to your specific tastes. For my first try I used grapefruit, lemon juice, basil, mint and grapes. Sort of a weird combo, but pretty good, It was really citrus-y and the grapes sunk (science for dummies), but it tasted good. We kept filling the pitcher up with water but after a week I was tired. For my second try I decided to go with a smaller batch to see how I liked it. I wanted something fresher and cleaner tasting, or what I think of as clean tasting. So heres my recipe for Cucumber-Mint-Lemon Water (yeah sort of a dumb name):

  • 1/4 cucumber
  • A handful of mint leaves- about 1/8 of a cup
  • a teaspoon of lemon juice
First chop up the mint leaves, make sure they're not too small. Then slice the cucumber, again not too thin, if they are slivers they'll turn out soggy. Then fill a glass up with about a cup or two of water and put in the mint, cucumber, and lemon juice. Put the glass in the fridge and let it sit for an hour. You have to let it sit so that the water takes in the flavor of the cucumber and mint. For bigger portions i suggest letting it sit overnight. After an hour i strained out the leaves and pressed out any juice the leaves had soaked up and left the cucumbers in. And now you have delicious Super Water!

No comments:

Post a Comment