Monday, October 15, 2012

Movie Star Monday: Emma Stone

             I was just watching Easy A last night so I decided this week's MovieStar Monday would focus on Emma Stone. At 15 she persuaded her parents to let her drop out of her all-girls Catholic School and move to LA with a powerpoint presentation, impressive right?!?
            Her breakout film was Superbad, which was when she dyed her hair red. She's best known as a comedic actress, and for good reason, she's got impeccable timing and a natural understanding of what makes a character funny, without letting the character's whole identity become the jokes. Easy A stars Emma as a girl who agrees to pretend to have sex with a guy so that people will stop bullying him for being gay and gains a reputation as she begins helping others (for giftcards of course). The movie is hilarious and hosts a great cast, Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci as her parents are standouts to me; the scenes o the family at home had me laughing out loud. I also really loved Crazy, Stupid, Love, definitely a movie worth seeing.
A movie that got a lot of attention during last year's awards season was The Help which emma Stone starred in, I haven't seen the movie but I've heard great things :)

One of the things that really shocked people with her, and by people of course I mean me, was when she dyed her her hair blonde. She is a natural blonde but I really think she's a great redhead. It was done for a movie (The Amazing Spiderman-excellent movie by the way) and I was eventually won over by the blonde, which is not to say that I wasn't glad when she went back to red.

I'm really excited to see her in Gangster Squad next January! What are your thoughts on the lovely Emma?

No comments:

Post a Comment