Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions

So... that week turned into two; the holidays sneak up on you like that. Today was the last day of celebrating for me, and I can't wait until next year. 
Happy New Years everyone! To celebrate I will start off by talking (writing) about resolutions. I'm sure I don't need to catch you up on how ineffective "Be healthy" is as a resolution, so I'm proposing a new way. A couple years ago I was reading a girls blog and she had a really interesting way of making resolutions; I tweaked it for me and have used it for the past couple years. Instead of a couple resolutions to be maintained for the whole year, you have one "thing" per month. Here are the tricks:

Trick 1: Be specific. I'm sure you've heard this one before too. The more specific the goal, the easier it is to keep up. 

Trick 2: Not all goals have to be super serious. Not every month has to involve saving the world and becoming a model. Sometimes a month can just involve doing awesome nail designs (thats May for me). 

Trick 3: Make sure your goals make you feel good, emotionally, physically, etc. Last February I made sure everyday I complimented someone. It didn't matter if it was a stranger or a friend, I just had to make someone else feel good. Nothing like spreading a little bit of good karma around. 

For some examples, here are a couple of my past goals: 
Break my bad habits
Moisturize everyday
Read 400 pages a day
Take one picture a day
Sunscreen twice a day
Use my new Sephora Cinderella makeup palette only

No comments:

Post a Comment