Monday, September 24, 2012

Movie Star Monday- Fred Astaire

First of all can I just say, this guys rocks. For all of you who haven't  yet had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Astaire dance, sing or act, I suggest you rent a movie of his right away. He starred in tons of musicals in the 1930's and '40's He was partners with Ginger Rogers in many movies and I've got to say they worked phenomenally together. I loved him in Top Hat, Roberta, Shall We Dance, and Holiday Inn. 
He made an astonishing total of 31 movies during his lifetime. He truly is one of the best tap dancers ever to have performed and his singing was awesome too. The movies he made are the kind that make you happy, I especially love watching Holiday Inn around Christmas, so seriously, watch one of his movies and make yourself happier for a couple hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment